Old Towne Orange has quickly become a popular tourist destination with activities, shops, and restaurants that people with all different interests and tastes can enjoy. Below are recommendations for the best things to do in Old Towne Orange.
There are so many different cuisines and unique dining experiences to enjoy in Old Towne Orange. For a sweet treat, “A la Mintue” serves organically made frozen treats in a wide array of flavors. Among the expansive list of flavors offered are avocado, orange and honey, and beet and goat cheese. Only in Old Towne Orange can you find flavors such as these!
There are also three regular Orange County Walking Food Tours available. These tours provide an excellent means of sampling the wonderful local cuisine while you learn more about the local community.
Want to learn a new skill? Old Towne Orange offers a variety of classes that will provide the perfect entertainment for you and your friends. Among some of the most popular classes are:
● The Potting Shed by Carlisle: this shop frequently offers fun and informative DIY courses where you can learn new tricks and create wonderful crafts.
● Dragonfly Shops and Gardens: has a wide variety of classes including painting and beading tutorials.
● Le Gourmet Culinary: provides cooking classes on a daily basis to ensure that you will be a professional chef in no time!
If you enjoy searching for beautiful antiques, there are many vintage shops in Old Towne Orange where you are sure to find unique treasures to add to your collection. In addition to the many shops in town, there is also the Old Towne Orange Flea Market, which takes place on the second Saturday of every month.
On Saturdays come to the Orange Home Grown Farmers and Artisans Market to purchase local organic foods, discover unique products, and listen to live music. On the third Saturday of each month, there are additional activities for children and cooking demonstrations provided by local culinary enthusiast, Lisa Gilmore.
Popular arts and theatre destinations include:
● Chapman University: this venue is always offering an encore worthy performance.
● Musco Center of the Arts: here you can enjoy performances from local musicians.
Places to Stay
If you would like to extend your stay in Old Towne Orange, Ayres Hotel has two nearby hotels: Ayres Hotel Orange and ALO Hotel. Both venues offer superb service and high-quality accommodations.
With so many offerings in Old Towne Orange, you will want to explore this wonderful city!