After closing back in May of this year, the House of Blues Anaheim has graduated from its Downtown Disneyland location to make its grand move to the Anaheim GardenWalk, providing the already popular concert venue with a much larger capacity.
The new facility will include a 2,000-capacity main concert hall for bigger touring acts and events, a 400-capacity room – which may be called the Parish – for less mainstream performers, singer-songwriter evenings, release parties, and corporate meetings, a 175-capacity Foundation Room, and a much bigger restaurant and kitchen than the Downtown Disney location.
“We’re excited about the future, but bittersweet about the past,” said Ron Bension, president of House of Blues Entertainment, said in an OC Register article about the relocation. “We had a great run on the Disney property, but we’re really excited about having this new venue coming on board in a few months that will incorporate everything we’ve learned over the last 15 years in Orange County and everything we’ve learned as a company over the last 25 years.”
The House of Blues Anaheim has been opened since 2001 and has hosted several big names, such as B.B. King, Britney Spears, Etta James, James Brown, Justin Timberlake, and Ray Charles. And as any House of Blues is known for, the venue also held many intimate rock sessions, including with performers like the Cramps, Foo Fighters, Joe Strummer, and Motörhead.
However, the well-known venue has potential to explore more with their performance hosting abilities. The Downtown Disney location, for example, didn’t have the capacity to hold the Fountain Room, which is a staple at most House of Blues locations.
A few of the upcoming, featured events at the new GardenWalk venue include:
- Social Distortion: Tuesday, February 28th and Wednesday, March 1st at 7:00 p.m.
- Anderson .Peak & the Free Nationals: Thursday, March 2nd at 7:00 p.m.
- Chase Rice: Friday, March 3rd
- Korn: Sunday, March 5th-Monday, March 6th at 7:00 p.m.
- Thrice and Manchester Orchestra: Tuesday, March 7th at 7:00 p.m.
- George Thorogood and the Destroyers – Rock Party Tour 2017: Wednesday, March 8th at 7:00 p.m.
- Café Tacvba: Thursday, March 9th-Friday, March 10th at 8:00 p.m.
- Billy Idol: Monday, March 13th at 7:00 p.m.
- Death Cab for Cutie: Sunday, March 19th
- Yellowcard – The Final Show: Saturday, March 25th at 5:30 p.m.
- Santana: Monday, September 11th at 7:00 p.m.
Adding to Anaheim’s growing scene, House of Blues Anaheim will continue to become a “premier venue in Southern California, not just in Orange County,” according to Popoff who also Slidebar Rock-N-Roll Kitchen in Fullerton.
Ayres Hotel Anaheim is about a ten-minute drive to the House of Blues Anaheim venue.