Whether you are making a routine visit to the happiest place on earth, or going to experience it for the first time, you are guaranteed a memorable experience at Disneyland. To make your trip even more wonderful, Buzzfeed has identified eighteen tips for obtaining free items while in the park. With these tips, you will not have to squander your money on expensive souvenirs because there are so many free items readily available!
Among the free items you can collect at the park are:
1. A Jungle Cruise Map: at the end of the Jungle Cruise, you can ask one of the cast members for a free map. *Warning: they may ask you to tell a joke or perform a trick in exchange for the map (but it’s worth the temporary humiliation).
2. An Autopia Driver’s License: you will automatically receive the license before you hit the road!
3. Animation Academy Drawing Sheets: if you partake in the free drawing class at the Animation Academy in California Adventure, you will receive one of these animation sheets that makes the perfect souvenir.
4. A Souvenir Pin: are you celebrating a special occasion? Is it your first visit? Your birthday? Your engagement? There’s a pin for that. You can pick up your free celebratory button at City Hall at the front of Main Street.
5. A Mark Twain Riverboat Pilot Certificate: on occasion, the captain of the Mark Twain Riverboat will allow you in the wheelhouse, where you can steer the vessel. If you make it into this exclusive quarter and steer the riverboat, you will be awarded the “Pilot Certificate” at the end.
6. A Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Ride Photo: at the end of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland, you can enter your email address and Buzz will send you your ride photo and score for free.
7. A Copy of The Buena Vista Bugle: you can pick up “The Buena Vista Bugle” at the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café.
8. A Senior Wilderness Explorer Sticker: after completing a series of tasks at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in California Adventure, you can bring your explorer map to the guides to obtain your free sticker certifying you as a “Senior Wilderness Explorer.”
9. Toiletries: if you stay at one of the Disney Resorts, each day, before you head to the parks and before the maid comes, pack away the shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, and body lotions that the hotel provides. You can enjoy them at a later time and the housekeeping services will replace them on a daily basis.
10. Disneyland Stationery: the desks in Disney Resort rooms are equipped with Disneyland stationery, envelopes, and postcards for you to use!
11. Scavenger Hunt Pins: Disneyland Resort guests also have the opportunity to do scavenger hunts. You will get free buttons for the rides you visit on your hunt.
12. A Replacement Balloon: if the balloon you purchased at the park pops while you are still at the park, Disneyland will replace it for free.
13. A Lilly Belle Ticket: on select days, you can go to the conductor at the Railroad Station at the front of the park and reserve a spot on the Lilly Belle. This private train car will take you around the park, plus you will receive a train ticket as a souvenir.
14. Autographs: you can get some celebrity autographs for free at Disneyland as you meet all the beloved Disney characters.
15. An Honorary Citizen Pin: this pin needs to be earned by performing some form of impressive task (unfortunately you cannot simply request it).
16. All the Water You Can Drink: Disneyland provides free water at a variety of establishments throughout the park.
18. Incredible Photo Magic: if you see one of the Disneyland staff with a camera, you can get your photo taken (and get a photo pass).
Yes, with all these free items, Disneyland truly is the happiest place on earth!