Disneyland is without a doubt the happiest place on earth, but is it ideal to plan a fall vacation there? During the fall, attendance reaches its lowest levels during the second Tuesday of September and remains low until the third week of November. In addition to shorter lines, you will also get to experience Disneyland’s Halloween decorations. There are also several events that exclusively occur in the fall. While visiting Disneyland in the fall is certainly a unique experience, it is important to fully explore the pros and cons to decide if it is the right season for your visit.
If you have been to Disneyland during seasons other than fall, then you have most likely not experienced some of its wonderful fall events. These events include:
· Gay Days at Anaheim (during the first week of October)
· The Disney Half Marathon (during the first weekend of September)
· Dapper Day: a day devoted to dressing up in old fashion clothing and participating in some retro-themed events.
There are also many benefits to visiting Disneyland in the fall, such as:
· The crowds will be smaller since children are back in school and the holiday decorations are not yet up
· You can experience Halloween at Disneyland
· Discounts on hotels and airfare are often offered during low season
While there are many advantages to visiting in the fall, there are also some drawbacks to consider:
· The first few days after the Halloween decorations go up the park reaches close to full capacity
· You will also experience large crowds during the three-day Labor Day weekend (the first Monday in September)
· The Haunted Mansion closes in late September so it can be transformed into Haunted Mansion Holiday.
· The “It’s a Small World” attraction closes in early November so it can be decorated for the holidays.If the benefits of visiting in the fall seem to outweigh the negatives, you should certainly put on your mouse ears and enjoy all the magic that the park has to offer. For those seeking accommodation, ALO Hotel is within close proximity to Disneyland. This boutique hotel in Orange County features modern amenities, leisurely rooms, and of course, a convenient shuttle to transport you to Disneyland in just a matter of minutes!