Prepare yourself for a two month-long extravaganza of spooky fun at California’s Disneyland Resort during this Halloween season. The spook-tacular event began on September 9th and continues on until Halloween on Sunday, October 31st. Everyone’s favorite amusement park has many events, special exhibits, and surprises in store to celebrate this thrilling time of year.
Expect some thrilling new twists on old favorites:
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Inspired by Tim Burton’s Nightmare before Christmas, take a tour of a haunted mansion that has a few “merry” quirks. Deck the halls with boughs of scary.
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Beware of some eerie encounters with spooky star fields and menacing meteors during this Halloween spin on a Disney classic thriller.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Catch a frightening ride on everybody’s favorite elevator of doom. Lunge up and down to the Twilight Zone, filled with sounds and sights that you will never forget.
Disneyland Resort invites all to join in on special Halloween festivities:
- Costumed Characters: Look for Mickey Mouse and the gang dressed in their Halloween attire, as you share hugs and autographs with your beloved Disney characters.
- Día de Los Muertos: Mexico’s traditional ‘Day of the Dead’ arrives at Disneyland Resort with cultural displays, festive face-painting, and delicious local treats.
- Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour: All who dare that they can brave a two-hour historical, walking tour of Disneyland Park should join the chill-inducing walk that ends at the Haunted Mansion itself.
- Halloween Screams Fireworks: Eerie booms and bone-shaking tunes will fill the air in addition to a spectacular display of fireworks in time for Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Main Street Pumpkin Festival: Disneyland’s Main Street will be filled with hundreds of intricately carved jack-o-lanterns during this Halloween season.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party: On select nights between September 23rd and October 3rd, the party of the season will take place at Disneyland Resort in the biggest of Halloween spirits. Reserve your spot for the fun and purchase tickets online.
- Ride of the Headless Horseman: Scream with excitement and thrill, as you spot the Headless Horseman take his stroll along Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A.
- Trick-or-Treating: A proper Halloween wouldn’t be complete without an enchanted hunt for candy. Exclusively on Mickey’s Halloween Party, follow magical trails that lead to multiple candy carts to scrounge up on handfuls of scrumptious sweets.
- Villains Square: Beware of Disney’s most beloved – yet frightening – villains come out to meet and greet in time for Mickey’s Halloween Party.
A Southern Californian Halloween wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Disneyland Resort’s spooky celebration.
Ayres Hotel Anaheim, ALO Hotel, and Ayres Hotel Orange are each nearby Disneyland Resort.