Come celebrate the Boysenberry Festival from April 1-23, 2017 at Knott’s Berry Farm. Every spring, Knott’s celebrates this delicious berry with a variety of boysenberry inspired food and entertainment offerings. Entrance into the Knott’s Boysenberry festival is included with theme park admission, but you can also purchase a 2017 season pass to continue enjoying the festival throughout spring.
The delicious and versatile boysenberry will be transformed into over seventy unique food and drink offerings within Ghost Town. From boysenberry ravioli to boysenberry cream soda, your taste buds are sure to be delighted. The festival will have a variety of food options available to guests, including:
· The Boysenberry Festival Tasting Card: for a one-time payment of $25, you can enjoy generous tasting portions of one boysenberry pizza at Wagon Wheel Pizza, two boysenberry ravioli at Spurs Chophouse, one boysenberry buffalo wing at the Golden Trails Hotel, three boysenberry BBQ meatballs at the Bank of Calico, four boysenberry fry bread at the Gourmet Churro Factory, and five boysenberry pana cottas at the Ghost Town Bakery.
· Wine and Craft Brew Garden: located inside of Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall, this venue offers four craft brews and over fifty wines, some of which boast the unique boysenberry flavor. A tasting card is available for $25 and includes six tastings paired with snacks.
· Interactive Pie Making: at Cordelia Knott’s kitchen you can purchase fresh boysenberry pies, or children can sign up to make their very own boysenberry tarts complete with a crumble topping.
In addition to the many food offerings available, there are an abundance of activities to partake in at the Boysenberry Festival:
· Folksy Festival Fun: in the center of Calico Park there are daily games, music, pie eating contests, and other engaging activities.
· Old MacDonald’s Farm: inside the Livery Stable you will encounter a variety of farm animals.
· Easter Beagle: inside the newly renovated Camp Snoopy, children and their families can meet the Easter Beagle at the daily meet and greets.
· Rides: there are attractions for all types of park goers, making it an enjoyable experience for the entire family. The park has a variety of roller coasters, thrill rides, water rides, family rides, and rides for young children.
· Live Entertainment: from 80s themed dance parties to old time melodramas, the festival has a wide variety of entertainment.
For those who enjoy shopping, there are a variety of venues where you can make purchases that will help you commemorate this special visit:
· Craft Fair: throughout the streets of Ghost Town you can find unique boysenberry inspired merchandise.
· Boysenberry Plants: Walter & Cordelia Knott’s original Roadside Boysenberry Stand near the Gold Trails Hotel sells authentic boysenberry plants.
· Boysenberry Bath and Body Products: from boysenberry-scented soaps to candles, these products will delight your senses!
· Berry Market Products: for guests wishing to take home the unique boysenberry BBQ sauce, boysenberry butter, boysenberry mustard, Berry Market jams and more, the Berry Market located in Ghost Town has all these products available for purchase.
· Boysenberry Festival T-Shirts: you can commemorate your trip with an exclusive Knott’s Boysenberry Festival t-shirt and other apparel.
Do not miss this wonderful event. There is so many boysenberry-inspired food and entertainment events to partake in that you are sure to want to extend your visit. For those who do plan to stay for an extended period of time and are seeking accommodation, two nearby hotels are available: Ayres Hotel Orange and ALO Hotel. Both hotels are exquisite and guarantee the first-rate service you should expect with Ayres Hotels.