The highly anticipated Orange County Fair will return from July 14th to August 13th. The Fair promises new, exciting attractions, a wide array of activities to partake in, and of course, concert performances by both major headliners and local talent.
New to this year’s fair are two large Ferris wheels: The “La Grande Wheel XL” and the “Big Wheel.” La Grande features 500,000 LED lights and is one of the largest traveling observation wheels in the western hemisphere. Also new is a ride called “Endeavor,” which is an open-air ride where passengers are suspended in their seats and experience the thrilling sensation of flying 60 feet through the air. There will also be salsa dancing competitions, nighttime hula hoop performances, culinary demonstrations, and admission into the Heroes Hall veterans’ museum.
Best of all, there will be a full concert series at the Pacific Amphitheatre that will feature a variety of country, classic, rock, and pop music. No matter what your musical preferences, you will be sure to find a performance you will enjoy. The concert series will commence on Friday, July 14th with comedian Gabriel Iglesias. You can also expect world-class performers such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, the B-52’s, and Gavin DeGraw. Plus, when you purchase tickets to these concerts, you will receive free one-day admission to the fair.
In addition to the new attractions and concerts, there will be a wide variety of activities to enjoy. These activities include:
- The Pacific Amphitheatre: watch as headline acts perform their hits.
- The Hangar: features the best tribute bands and local musicians around.
- Action-Sports Arena: get your adrenaline pumping with all the fast-paced action that will ensue.
- Exhibits: featuring blue ribbon winners, demonstrations, and more.
- Carnival: the perfect place to bring out your inner child on classic rides.
- Food: the fair will be offering their classic fried treats and smoky barbecue meals. Some new items include bacon pasta, non-dairy Dippin’ Dots, mini donut sundaes, and fried octopus on a stick.
- Shopping: unbeatable deals on all items.
- Special Events: from wine tasting to livestock events, there will be much to partake in.
Admission prices to the 23-day fair vary depending on which days you attend and which pass you select.
- Wednesday to Friday: ages 13 to 59 can purchase tickets for $12; ages 60 and older as well as children ages 6 to 12 can purchase tickets for $7; children ages 5 and under are free.
- Saturday and Sunday: ages 13 to 59 can purchase tickets for $14; ages 60 and older as well as children ages 6 to 12 can purchase tickets for $7; children ages 5 and under are free.
- Super Passes: ages 13 to 59 can purchase tickets for $35; ages 60 and older as well as children ages 6 to 12 can purchase tickets for $28.
- Super pass tickets include admission to all 23 days of the fair, grant express entry at all public gates and two-for-one discounts for tickets to select Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar, and Action Sports Arena concert and events.
Tickets can be purchased at the Fair’s box office at the Pacific Amphitheatre or at ocfair.com. We hope to see you in attendance at the 2017 Orange County Fair!
After your day of fun at the Orange County Fair, relax at the Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa. Located on the Newport Beach coast, just one mile from the fair, this boutique hotel offers beautiful rooms and suites, two outdoor pools, landscaped gardens and Le Chateau Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor dining. When you book with Ayres Hotels, you will be sure to enjoy one of the best amenities Southern California has to offer.