The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach promises to be a thrilling weekend event. From Friday, April 7th to Sunday, April 9th, you can partake in all the high-speed racing and excitement that will take place both on and off the track.
The Toyota Grand Prix is an open-wheel race held on a street circuit in Long Beach, California and is the single largest event in the city of Long Beach, with attendance exceeding 200,000 spectators. There is a reason why the Long Beach Grand Prix is the longest running major street race held on the North American continent – it guarantees spectators a riveting experience that will leave them wanting more.
The tentative schedule for this highly anticipated event is as follows:
Friday, April 7th
· 7:00 a.m. – Gates Open
· 7:40 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. IMSA Weather Tech Sports Car Championship Practice
· 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Verizon Indy Car Series Practice 1
· 11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Can-Am Challenge Practice
· 12:20 p.m. – 12:40 p.m. Stadium Super Trucks Practice
· 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Indy Car Practice 2
· 3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Can-Am Qualifying
· 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pirelli World Challenge Practice
· 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Indy Car All-Driver Autograph Session (Indy Car Paddock: free to all spectators)
· 4:45 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. IMSA Qualifying
· 6:45 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. Motegi Racing Super Drift Challenge #1 (Turns 9-10-11)
· 6:45 p.m. – Tecate Light Fiesta Friday Concert Starring Moderatto (Concert Stage)
Saturday, April 8th
· 7:00 a.m. – Gates Open
· 8:45 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. World Challenge Practice
· 9:20 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. World Challenge Qualifying
· 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Indy Car Practice 3
· 12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m. Can-Am Challenge Race
· 12:30 p.m. IMSA Pre-Race Ceremonies
· 1:05 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix (Round 3 of the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – 100 min.)
· 3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Indy Car Qualifying & Firestone Fast 6
· 5:05 p.m. – 5:25 p.m. Stadium Super Trucks Race #1
· 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Motegi Racing Super Drift Challenge #2 (Turns 9-10-11)
· 6:00 p.m. – Rock-N-Roar Concert: SMG Presents Kings of Chaos Starring Billy Idol, Billy Gibbons & Chester Bennington (Concert Stage)
Sunday, April 9th
· 7:00 a.m. – Gates open
· 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Indy Car Warm-Up
· 9:35 a.m. – World Challenge to Grid
· 10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Pirelli World Challenge Race
· 12:00 p.m. – 12:10 p.m. Mothers Exotic Car Parade
· 12:30 p.m. – Indy Car Pre-Race Ceremonies
· 12:50 p.m. Indy Cars to grid
· 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Race #2 of the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series – 85 laps)
· 4:05 p.m. – 4:25 p.m. Stadium Super Trucks Race #2
As listed in the schedule, there are two exciting concerts scheduled at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center Terrace Plaza. All ticketholders of the Toyota Grand Prix race weekend are invited to attend!
· The first concert will feature Moderatto, the renowned Mexican super group. The concert will commence at 6:45pm and is free to all Friday race ticket holders. A favorite at the Grand Prix, Moderatto will be returning to perform their rock hits, such as “Quiero Rock,” “Márchate Ya,” and “Isabel.” This group features the musical talents of Bryan Amadeus (lead singer, guitar and piano), Elohim Corona (drums), Mick Marcy (guitar), Xavi Moderatto (bass), and Roy (guitar). Moderatto has earned a reputation for their wild and theatrical performances and has attracted a large fan base in the club scenes of Mexico City.
· Rock-and-roll royalty will enter the stage when SMG presents the Kings of Chaos, starring Billy Idol, Billy Gibbons, and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park as well as Stone Temple Pilots for a stimulating performance that ensures to enliven your Saturday night. Kings of Chaos, the brainchild of Guns-N-Roses and Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum, is an international all-star band with a revolving lineup of top rock-and-roll talent. In addition to Idol, Gibbons, and Bennington, the lineup for Long Beach is scheduled to include Sorum (drums), Robert and Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots (bass and guitar, respectively), and Billy Duffy of The Cult (guitar). The concert is free of charge for Saturday race ticket holders and will begin at 6pm.
Ticket prices for the Grand Prix vary depending on the days you plan to attend. If you are buying more than 25 admission tickets, you are eligible for a group discount. Please call the ticket office at (888) 827-7333 to order group tickets. You can also call the ticket office with any other questions you may have about the Grand Prix.
For those seeking accommodation during this action-packed weekend, Ayres Hotel has two nearby hotels where guests will be treated with first-rate service. The Grand Prix event is closest to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, but if you do not mind the additional distance, Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach is another beautiful venue that will allow you to explore more of California’s beauty.