Get Up Close & Personal with “Mummies of the World”Where:
2002 North Main Street
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Adults – $25-$27
Seniors & Students – $21-$23
Children (ages 3-11) – $10-$12
One of the most mysterious practices in human history, mummification stirs curiosity in us all, from grade school through adulthood. That’s what makes Mummies of the World at the Bowers Museum so incredible. Now through September 5th, all ages are invited to behold the largest collection of authentic mummies ever presented to the public. Through a seamless marriage of intimate exhibits, hi-tech science, and hands-on stations, visitors are offered a rare glimpse into the lives of bodies preserved by man or nature as much as 4,500 years ago.
Stories Through the Ages“Inside every mummy is a story waiting to be told.” Such is the heart of the exhibit, featuring items from a total of 12 museums and collections across five countries, including:
- An ancient Egyptian priest.
- 19th century medical mummies.
- A 200-year-old naturally mummified Hungarian family.
- Egyptian animal mummies (dog, falcon, fish, baby crocodile, etc).
- A painstaking modern-day replication of an Egyptian mummy known as “MUMAB.”