The San Diego County Fair -- the largest and most exciting fair in California -- will be offering a variety of food, entertainment, exhibits, rides, and games. This year the fair will celebrate the legendary Wild West. From learning to saddle a horse to panning for gold, you will be transported back to the Old West. The fair runs from June 2nd to July 4th, however, it will be closed on Mondays (except July 3rd) and the first three Tuesdays.
Aside from all the unbridled entertainment, the Wild West has to offer, the fair will also have a variety of food and activities for visitors to enjoy. There will be plenty of deep fried treats to indulge in, an abundance of animals, classic games, as well as world-class exhibits in fine art, photography, woodworking, jewelry, and gems. The fair will also feature the Paul Ecke Jr. Flower and Garden show.
In addition to the aforementioned entertainment, there will be nationally recognized entertainment every night. With eight stages located throughout the grounds, you will definitely find a band, dance group, DJ, or comedian to liven up your evening.
The Toyota Concert Series shows will be held on the Heineken Grandstand Stage and are free with fair admission. The performers include:
● Sunday, June 4th: La Arrolladora Banda El Limón
● Wednesday, June 7th: Patti LaBelle
● Saturday, June 10th: Toby Keith
● Sunday, June 11th: Banda MS
● Friday, June 16th: Darius Rucker
● Saturday, June 17th: Spirit West Coast
● Sunday, June 18th: Grupo Intocable
● Wednesday, June 21st: Switchfoot
● Thursday, June 22nd: Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
● Saturday, June 24th: Gospel Festival: Tasha Cobbs & Hezekiah Walker
● Sunday, June 25th: Calibre 50
● Friday, June 30th: Dan + Shay
● Saturday, July 1st: Jeff Foxworthy
● Sunday, July 2nd: Paquita la del Barrio
● Tuesday, July 4th: Anjelah Johnson
Another concert series, the Paddock Concert Series, is also scheduled to take place at the fairgrounds during the month-long fair. These shows are also free with fair admission. The lineup for this series has been announced as:
● Wednesday, June 7th: Yardbirds
● Thursday, June 8th: Aaron Tippin
● Wednesday, June 14th: Elvin Bishop and Charlie Musselwhite
● Thursday, June 15th: Sister Hazel
● Wednesday, June 21st: John Michael Montgomery
● Thursday, June 22nd: Who’s Bad
● Tuesday, June 27th: Red Steagall and the Boys in the Bunkhouse
● Thursday, June 29th: Williams and Ree
● Tuesday, July 4th: Ivan and the Parazol
With such an exciting array of events, it is not surprising that the San Diego County Fair attracts 1.6 million visitors annually. Make sure that you partake in all the wild, western fun during this year’s event!If you are seeking accommodations near the fair, Ayres Lodge Alpine is conveniently situated within close proximity. This hotel has a Western-style ambiance and beautiful Southern California scenery. Ayres Lodge Alpine promises to be the ideal San Diego County retreat during your stay.