Fun in Orange County
Summer time is fun time in Orange County and the Ayres Hotel in Costa Mesa is located in the perfect spot as a home base for your summer visit. The Ayres Hotel in Costa Mesa offers spacious rooms, free parking and a variety of amenities, without charging resort fees. Regardless of what you’re seeking, we are centrally located in the heart of the OC action. Here are a few suggestions to get your trip started…
Fun in the Sun
· Huntington Beach or “Surf City,” offers an energetic downtown and a variety of beach activities. Whether you like to surf, swim, play beach volleyball or just sit back with your feet in the sand, Huntington Beach is a lively spot for shopping, bars and beach goers.
· Laguna Beach has some of the most magical beaches on the West Coast. This laid-back beach city offers tiny churches, historic bungalows, theaters, museums, galleries and a flurry of artwork. There are several coves for snorkeling or diving and a variety of water activities.
· Balboa Pier is one of two piers in beautiful Newport Beach. This busy spot is located across the street from the Balboa Fun Zone and a ferry ride across the bay from the iconic Balboa Island. Relax on the beach, eat at Ruby’s on the pier or hit the Fun Zone.
Check Out the Theme Parks
· Disneyland and California Adventure are located in the heart of OC. Spend some time exploring everything Disney has to offer at these two magical theme parks.
· Knott’s Berry Farm is no longer just a family farm. This extensive theme park is filled with thrilling rollercoasters, Camp Snoopy and a historically recreated ghost town.
· Knott’s Soak City is Orange County’s largest water park. Spread out over 15-acres, Soak City features a wave pool, a floating lagoon, a hands-on water playground for younger kids and jaw dropping water slides.
Shop till You Drop
· Fashion Island is Orange County’s premier costal shopping and dining experience. This outdoor mall, with panoramic ocean views and towering palm trees, boast prestigious department stores and specialty boutiques.
· South Coast Plaza offers upscale stores and a luxury shopping experience. Inside the plaza are more than 250 stores, boutiques, and restaurants.
· Irvine Spectrum is a popular outdoor destination for shopping and entertainment. Check out a show at the Improv, play some games at Dave & Buster’s, see a movie at the IMAX theater or take a ride on the 108-foot-high Giant Wheel.
A Varity of Culture
· Richard M. Nixon Library and Birthplace is located in nearby Yorba Linda and served as the childhood home to the 37th President of the United States. The museum offers exhibits and attractions from the life of Richard Nixon.
· Segerstrom Center for the Arts boasts a variety of musical and theatrical performances. Located in Costa Mesa, this 14 -acre multidisciplinary campus is the perfect place to catch a show.
· Mission San Juan Capistrano has been a place of historical, cultural and religious significance for over 240 years. The mission has become a beacon of art exhibits and strives to preserve its history and culture.