Live Like a Californian…on a budget!
For the Adventurous and the Hikers
- Cucamonga Canyon in Alta Loma is the perfect activity for the thrill seekers in Ontario, CA without having to drive all the way to Big Bear to do so! Cucamonga Canyon is only 20 minutes away in the hills of Alta Loma and offers rock climbing (real rock climbing!), waterfalls, and rugged terrain for those who love to walk or hike. I have personally experienced Cucamonga Canyon myself and can say it is “the” thing to do during the summer. As always, hike at your own risk and watch out for those occasional small water snakes! Price: Free! Except for the cost of gas.
- Mount Baldy Trout Pools are truly enjoyable for adults and children alike. The Mount Baldy trout pools are only 10 miles away off the Mountain exit off the 10 Freeway. You rugged fishermen have the opportunity to cook fish on site as well, if you so choose. Price: Cost for bait and for renting equipment under $30.
For a Romantic Night out on a Budget
- Mount Baldy Night Sky and City View offers couples a romantic night out near Ontario, CA without paying the price of sky-rocketing movie tickets or expensive dinners. Located only 15 minutes away, you can catch an expansive glimpse of the city at large by simply taking Euclid Avenue about halfway up the road. Price: Free! Except for the cost of gas.
For the Art Inclined or the Theatre Goers
- Chaffey High School provides individuals in tune with their artistic sides with shows performed by their Nationally Recognized Theatre Department, Troupe 5535. Chaffey High School has performed live plays such as Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, The Wizard of Oz, Aladdin, and, just recently, The Phantom of the Opera. Moreover, the grounds of Chaffey High School itself are a nice place to take a walk as they hide a historical background that makes this high school extraordinary: it used to be a college over 100 years ago! Price: Tickets – Under $15, even on busy nights.
- Artists on “A” Street is a very unique activity near our Ontario, CA hotel for artists and non-artists alike. Every last Saturday of every month at the corner of “A” Street and 3rd Avenue in Upland, over 20 different types of art are on display for show and sale. Alongside the art, the beautiful streets of downtown Upland, CA offer a relaxing walk during the day. Price: For viewing – Free! For buying – Varies, but most art pieces generally under $30.
For a Fun Night out with Live Entertainment that Won’t Make You Pay the Price of a Concert
- Victoria Gardens Outdoor Mall creates the environment of an outdoor concert right in your own backyard. Every so often, on a weekend night, Victoria Gardens allows singers/songwriters to put their music on display for the public. While enjoying perhaps a smoothie, Starbucks coffee, or Hot Dog-on-a-Stick, you can hear the sweet sounds of music while your children play on the grass. Price: Concert – Free! Dinner – Under $10 at the food court.
For Those Who Love Museums
- Chaffey Community Museum of Art located in downtown Ontario, CA provides local tourists with educational and enjoyable museum collections. They host a variety of dinners, talks, and fundraisers, and, occasionally, wine tastings to bring the City of Ontario some fun and learning! Price: Museum – Free! (Although donations are always accepted) Special Events – Tickets generally under $40.
For Those Who Love Sports!
- Citizens Business Bank Arena is a newly built arena that offers an exciting night out in Ontario, CA without breaking your budget. For those who are fans of hockey or sports alike, the arena is home to the Ontario Reign hockey team. Of all the sports that get your blood pumping and drag you to the edge of your seat, hockey is definitely on the top of the list! Price: Tickets start at just $10.
For the Night Owls Looking for a Bite to Eat or for Those Who Love Food!
- Upland Farmer’s Market is perfect for the organic food lovers or for those interested in variety. Vendors sell fresh fruits, vegetables, dried fruits, nuts, eggs, cheeses, fish, baked goods, dried herbs, fresh flowers, and more every Saturday. Price: Varies, but all food products generally under $15.
- Andy’s Burgers or King Taco Restaurant in the heart of Ontario, CA feed the late night owls a midnight snack! Both restaurants are fan favorites of the locals and are open late (King Taco stays open as late as 4 a.m.). P.S. Andy’s Burgers are no frozen burgers! Price: Under $10 for meals. Obviously, with so much to do in Ontario, there is no need to break the bank and spend $100 on 1 ticket for Disneyland! More adventures await near Ayres Inn & Suites Ontario Mills Mall!