Website Privacy Protection Statement
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please see our GDPR privacy statement.
We stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning your trust by adopting high standards for the protection of your personal information; however, we cannot prevent all incursions, or cyber attacks. Visitors are encouraged to maintain their own protections including cyber protections. Use the Ayres website and other electronic resources at your own risk.
This policy applies to our website(s) and outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
We do not control and are not responsible for the policies or actions of third parties linked from this site and you should check directly with them since their policies and terms will govern how they handle and treat personal information.
In this policy, 'personal information' or 'personally identifiable information' means information about you that is unique and would actually or potentially identify you as an individual, like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification and includes information you provide to us when you use our website to make or modify a reservation, establish a profile, communicate personal preferences, participate in, respond to or take advantage of special offers, or which you otherwise provide to us in the course of using of our website. Aggregate information or statistics, even if compiled or derived from your personal information and then aggregated and mingled with information of others, is not personal information since it does not identify you or any specific personally identifiable information about you. We use aggregate or statistical information to better serve our guests and customers generally, to enhance the performance of our website and to generally improve how we do business.
We will provide you with opportunities to 'unsubscribe' and to correct or update your personal information and described these opportunities below, but you are responsible for ensuring the information you provide to us and that we maintain is complete, accurate and up to date. We cannot and will not be liable to you or any other party if, for any reason, you do not provide us with complete, accurate and current information or you fail to update such information in a timely manner.
How You May Provide Us Your Personal Information Using Our Website
- By communicating with us regarding service delivery including any profiles, preferences or special requests you may make.
- By participating in a marketing initiative, survey or responding to special offers we may send you from time to time.
- By registering or otherwise entering information on or through our website.
- By making a reservation or by using the website
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we intend to use it and store it.
Making a Reservation/Completing Forms
When making a reservation or using forms on the website it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding services we may offer, such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. From time to time, we also offer special discounts offers (for example, to seniors or for children) and we may require birth dates or other qualifying information to assess your eligibility and process your reservation or participation correctly. If you elect to participate or take advantage of a promotion, package or other service that involves third parties, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to participate, enroll or otherwise provide you with the service and process your purchase or request.
We may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about the hotel's services and those of select third parties. Except as we have described in this policy, your personal information will not be given to these third parties.
We Offer You the Ability to Receive Targeted, Timely Notification of Time Sensitive Offers
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, and zip code. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every offer we send you. Of course, if you change your mind, you may subscribe again at any time in the future.
By Visiting Our Website
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information from you or your computer when you simply visit (e.g., browse) and unless you actually provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know or collect your name, your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information about you. When you a request or visit a page on our website, we do log certain communications, technical and operational information and aggregate it with other similar information in order to make our website function correctly, do capacity and other technical planning and generally make our website function properly and improve it where we can. We also use this information to better understand how visitors use our website and how we can better tailor our website, its contents and functionality to meet your needs. Our analytics tracking code does collect data about our traffic using the DoubleClick cookie. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Ads Settings.
Why We Collect Personal Information
- To establish, maintain and honor our relationship with you and to provide you with our services and those of our third party suppliers and promotional partners.
- To understand and better attempt to fulfill your needs and preferences in providing services from us.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services or offers we believe, based on the information you provide us, you may be interested in receiving.
- To manage and develop our business and operations and help us improve our services for you.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When Do We Disclose Personal Information
- Personal information may be shared internally, with corporate offices or sister properties so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with a person who, in the reasonable judgment of the hotel, is acting on your behalf of or as your agent - for example, a travel agent, secretary or corporate travel department, making a reservation for you.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party involved in processing transactions you request and supplying you with services.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party to perform functions, process transactions or provide goods or services to you, such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, surveys or research, to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or official or those acting under government or judicial authority to protect the assets and operations of the hotel or if, in the reasonable judgment of the hotel, it appears that there may be danger to life, property or public safety which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- We will take steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties, consistent with our policy and the laws and regulations that apply.
- We will safeguard your personal information from disclosure other than as identified above or with your consent.
- We will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up to date and we will provide you with reasonable opportunities to access, correct and update your personal information.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us, recognizing that in some cases this may limit or make it impossible for us to agree to provide you with the services or goods you may request.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, when you access or visit our website or by separately e-mailing us utilizing the contact information provided on this site using "Unsubscribe" as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or how we collect, handle or use your personal information, please contact us via the contact information provided on this site.
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
Personal Information That This Website Collects And Why We Collect It
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer's IP address, which could be used to personally identify you, but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section below).
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on blog sites, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website.
Your comments and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either:
- remove the comment or
- remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please email us here using the email address that you commented with.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
Contact Forms and Email Links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section below. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Benchmark who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Benchmark to be a third party data processor (see section below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website's own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within Benchmark's database for as long as we continue to use Benchmark's services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above.
Essential cookies and similar technologies
- These are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example, session cookies allows a navigation experience that is consistent and optimal to user's network speed and choice of device.
Analytics cookies and similar technologies
- These collect information about your use of our websites and apps, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
Tracking, advertising cookies and similar technologies
- We use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will remember the websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites who use the same advertising networks.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.