Accounts Receivable Manager
Organize and actively oversee the operations of the Accounts Receivables and the auditing and accounting department. Manage cash flow, necessary reporting and approval of all accounting functions. Assist in processing billing for Hotel guests and functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Prepare daily accounts receivable work.
- Prepare the daily management reports.
- Answer correspondence relative to accounts receivable. Prepare refunds and rebate adjustments. Prepare journal entries for adjustments. Prepare special billings.
- Apply payments/advance deposits from guest to their accounts. Check postings from day prior to ensure accurate posting.
- Once Group Billings are labeled mail them within 48 hours if they have direct bill privileges. Ensure a full balance has been received prior to departure if we do not have a CC
- on file or a direct bill approved. Notify Sales of any groups with outstanding balances prior to month end.
- Balance accounts monthly and mail out daily and monthly statements. Review all accounts to make sure payments and/or deposits are applied. Make sure all back up are included in the statements before mailing them.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities asked by the Controller and General Manager based upon department needs.
- Resolve problems within 45 days and plus accounts.
- Process outgoing mail for the hotel including the operations of the postage machine.
- Prepare airline billing each month and send out via I-Payables (on-line).
- Ensure MOD banks always have adequate change in them.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have one year experience in a similar operation. Hotel experience preferred.
- Long hours are sometimes required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain compusure and objectivity under pressure.