The primary duties of the Bell Person are to assist guests with check-in/check-out processes, drive the hotel vehicle according to scheduled vehicle runs and on an as needed basis for guests, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and friendly manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Escort incoming hotel guests in a courteous and pleasant manner.
- Assist guests with luggage and packages to their room or loading area.
- Offer information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment attractions, making reservations as needed.
- Deliver messages and runs errands, on and off hotel property.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Drive company vehicle in a safe and pleasant manner as needed by hotel guests and staff members.
- Pick up and deliver articles for laundry and valet services.
- Maintain cleanliness of hotel van interior and exterior.
- Call taxi for guests as requested.
- Keep record of all calls for service.
- Maintain short-term baggage storage.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be at least 21 years with an acceptable driving record as required by company insurance carrier.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Long hours are sometimes required
- Heavy work- exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly while lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling a luggage cart and otherwise moving objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure