Responsible for soliciting new accounts, entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Primarily duties include outside catering sales related responsibilities, i.e. prospecting for new accounts and maintaining current accounts at their place of business, conduct hotel site inspections with clients.
- Responsible for overall catering sales efforts to achieve financial goals.
- Over see the development of client menus, written contract and letters as well as organization of all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
- Travel to meet with or call individual corporate clients by telephone to solicit business.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answer customer inquiries.
- Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Preview previous files to generate business.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering Sales Reports.
- Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise clerical staff in distribution of written materials.
- Type contracts, menus, letters, and reports.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as requested such as perform MOD duties.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage operations, Food & Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to analyze reports, forecast and prepare budgets. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively deal with team members and clients, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, resolve conflicts and collect accurate information.
- Ability to travel to local companies to solicit business.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours that may include weekdays and/or holidays.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to supervise/direct both subordinate and non-subordinate personnel.
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge of computers essential.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs, sit and bend as needed.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure