Director of Sales
The primary duties of the Sales Manager are to lead the hotel sales effort, to achieve company goals and to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Conduct an average of two to five property site inspections per month with potential customers.
- Travel to industry-related tradeshows in various destinations. Requires the ability to setup and dismantle booth displays, and carrying a minimum of 25 pounds for transporting of collateral material.
- Participate in key organizations as recommended by management.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English language. Operate a facsimile machine and photocopier as required.
- Other duties assigned.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand/move throughout the hotel property andcontinuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to graduation from college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diplomas or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years sales experience and two years of supervisory experience required.
- Prior hotel or hospitality experience preferred..
- Ability to travel to client locations.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs, sit and bend as needed.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure