Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of
cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values, Mission Statement and Ayres Way.
Implements and maintains Housekeeping department minimum standards. Responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of property housekeeping staff. Prepares work schedule for staff and authorizes payroll for the department based on approved labor standards.
Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the Hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guestrooms and public space areas including: restaurant, lounge, meeting rooms, lobby, halls, etc. Complete the monthly quotas set of twice yearly guestroom deep cleans, as well as quarterly guestroom inspections. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction in assigning housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work. Perform interviews, reference checks and complete new hire requirements. Provide staffing, training, counseling, and performance reviews for housekeeping department.
Distribute and delegate workload to guarantee maximum productivity and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments
Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Operate within the established labor standards. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department. Supervise the operation of linen, uniform, supply and storage rooms. Place linen, uniform, and supply orders as needed. Install inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing.
Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for Team Members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies.
Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
Manage guest lost and found including, store and inventory all items, conduct any guest inquiry phone calls, and get guest mailing information as needed.
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to graduation from college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in Supervisory/Management/Assistant Housekeeping position.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- No special licenses required. Certificates in sanitation, interior design, and/or safety are desired.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.