Front Desk Supervisor
The primary duties of the Guest Service Supervisor is to accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and friendly manner, and assist and guide the front office staff in daily duties and long term goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Able to make reasonable and professional decisions. Accurately manage cash drawer and credit card system. Communicate pertinent shift information to the next shift and direct supervisor.
- Assist and guide the front office staff through their daily duties and responsibilities. Train Front Office staff as designated and outlined in the Front Office Training Procedures.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel in a courteous and pleasant manner. Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests. Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- Offer assistance to the individual needs and requests of all guests. Ensure guest needs are responded to in a timely and efficient manner. Provide information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment attractions, making reservations as needed.
- Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations. Operate phone system in, at times, a fast paced environment.
- Required to be knowledge, understanding, and adhere to Company Core Values and Mission Statement. Lead by example.
- You are responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner and ensuring the Department staff members work in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Long hours are sometimes required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure