Guest Service Agent
The primary duties of the guest service representative are to assist guests with check-in & check-out processes, provide guests with hotel services information, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and friendly manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
Guest Check-in and out:
Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement. Perform duties as outlined in the Front Office Training Procedures. Check guests in and out of the hotel in a courteous and pleasant manner. Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interaction with guests. Provide information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment attractions, making reservations as needed.
Offer assistance to the individual needs and requests of all guests. Ensure guest needs are responded to in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain guest confidentiality at all times. Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations
Front Office Functions:
Accurately manage cash drawer and credit card system. Operate phone system in, at times, a fast paced environment. Communicate pertinent shift information to the next shift and direct supervisor. Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Comprehend and perform basic mathematical operations.