Maintains the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas of the property. Completion of special projects, as assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values, Mission Statement and Ayres Way.
- Cleans and maintains lobbies, guest corridors and assigned areas of the property.
- Collect dirty linen from Room Attendant carts and deliver laundry for cleaning.
- Supply clean linen to Room Attendants.
- Collect and dispose of trash and recycled materials collected by Room Attendants and throughout the hotel.
- Sweep and vacuum carpets.
- Polish furniture and fixtures.
- Make sofa beds upon guest’s requests.
- Maintain cleanliness and re-stock all storage rooms with required linen and supplies.
- Assist in laundry room with washing/drying, folding, ironing, and stocking shelves of linen.
- Assist in property/guest room deep clean process and the movement/arrangement of furniture.
- Follow company Housekeeping Policy as stated in the Team Member Handbook.
- Adhere to company Lost and Found policy and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Report maintenance issues to Executive Housekeeper by completing a work order.
- Perform duties assigned by Executive Housekeeper or Hotel Management Staff, which may include: Room Attendant, Laundry Attendant, and/or Public Areas Attendant duties.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of writing, reading & speaking English language is helpful.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 35 pouds of measured pull/push weight force periodically while lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects and/or 66 pounds of measure pull/push weight force occasionally for the (movement of furniture only). Please see the "General Housemen Requirements" and the "General Houseman Push/Pull Weight requirement" document for further weight and working requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.