Prepares a variety of hot food such as pastas, steaks and seafood. Prepares the Soup of the Day and the Special of the Day and assists pantry when needed to prepare meat, poultry and seafood for the next shift.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Assist Executive Chef in product development and preparation.
- Ensure product consistency.
- Maintain a clean, neat and professional image at all times.
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order.
- Assist in controlling food usage.
- Complete all tasks assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Ensure line set-up is up to standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Review daily banquet function sheets.
- Check quantities and quality of restaurant and banquet food.
- Help in preparation on all banquet functions assigned by Executive Chef
- Maintain proper procedures in all food preparation.
- Assist in maintaining a team environment while working as a team member.
- Be familiar with company policies and procedures including employee handbook.
- Attend all meetings as requested by Executive Chef.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work place.
- Report to work in prescribed uniform.
- Assist guests and fellow team members as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or consistently while lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving and maintaining objects
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain compusre and objectivity under pressure.