The primary duties of the night auditor are to check front office accounting records for accuracy, compile information for the financial records, assist guests with check-in & check-out processes, provide guests with hotel services information, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and friendly manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Balance the computer system posting against the department balances and supporting documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Complete daily auditing, balancing, and closing procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Run all audit reports. Complete reporting requirements including daily report.
- Initiate and complete the audit computer process.
- Balance and process all credit card batches for the day’s activity.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel in a courteous and pleasant manner.
- Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Ensure guest needs are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Count cash drawers during every shift.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- Provide information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment attractions, making reservations as needed.
- Accurately manage cash drawer and credit card system.
- Operate phone system in, at times, a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to the next shift and direct supervisor.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- The nature of the team member's work prevents the team member frmo being relieved of all duty during the team member's meal period and that the team member shall work an on-duty meal period that shall be paid for by the employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure
- comprehend and perform basic mathematical operations