The primary duties of the Sales Manager are to lead the hotel sales effort, to achieve company goals and to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Serves internal and external guests by committing to the Company’s Guest Service Principles.
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Lead by example.
- You are responsible for the overall sales effort to achieve current year financial goals and set plans for future years.
- Primarily duties include outside sales related responsibilities, i.e. prospecting for new accounts and maintaining current accounts at their place of business, conducting hotel site inspections with clients, and prospecting for new and maintaining current clients over lunch.
- Perform work related to sales related duties, i.e. returning phone calls related to ‘outside sales’ and booked business, writing contracts, preparing promotional materials, and completing sales reports.
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers to include sales calls, trade shows, chamber functions, etc.
- Conduct help on solicitations as needed to develop potential clients.
- Conduct an effective sales program with emphasis on solicitation outside of the office.
- Work closely with the hotel’s management team and communicate effectively.
- Use negotiating, communication skills and creative sales ability to close on business sales opportunities.
- Know the competitive hotel sets in the area as well as their Sales Mangers.
- Initiate and react to financial trend analysis for rate, revenue, occupancy, market segments and forecasting.
- Prepare marketing plan and budgeting to ensure hotel is correctly positioned in the market place based on competitive hotel set of rates, occupancy and Rev Par.
- Meets with clients and maintains excellent client relations.
- Complete and maintain neat, accurate and organized sales reports, files and history.
- Talk about our hotel as a special, family owned boutique hotel.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- You are responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to client locations.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs, sit and bend as needed.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure