Is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for guests and hotel staff, for communicating shift activity to management, and for conducting oneself in a professional, friendly and attentive manner during all external and internal guest encounters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the property.
- Knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures and responsibilities, which are to be fulfilled in such emergencies.
- Responsible for walking the property and reporting findings to management on security report.
- Must be constantly alert for conditions that could cause fires or other safety hazards and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Ensures all areas and doors are secured at designated times.
- Conducts self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Accommodates needs and guest requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handles self in a professional manner at all times.
- Assists management with Company Safety Program.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Assists and monitors staff needs during shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guard Card preferred
- Ability to stand during long periods of time
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, frequently or constantly while lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure