Frequently Asked Questions - Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa/Newport Beach
What time is check in/ check out? Is there early check in/ late check out available?
Guest may check in any time after 3:00 pm. Check out is at 12:00 pm. Yes, for a nominal fee of $30 + tax guests may check in early at 11:00 am or check out later at 3:00 pm. Based on availability.
What is your cancellation policy?
Room reservations must be cancelled 24 hours prior to scheduled check-in time of 3:00 pm to avoid a cancellation fee of the first night’s room & tax, unless booking a non-refundable reservation/rate plan, in which case, the reservation is non-refundable and may not be modified. If your reservation is booked through a third party, cancellations must abide by their policy. To cancel your reservation, please contact the hotel at 714-549-0300 or email us at [email protected].
Do you charge at the time of booking?
All reservations require a guarantee by credit card with a valid expiration date. Rooms are not pre-paid in advance at the time of booking unless otherwise noted on the reservation. The name on the credit card must match your valid government-issued identification at check-in and cover the full room and tax amount + incidentals.
How much do you hold at the time of check in?
At check-in, a physical credit card with an EMV chip is required to cover a $125 hold per stay for an incidentals deposit. Cash is not an accepted form of payment. The deposit is released at midnight after the check-out date and typically takes 3-10 business days to reflect in your bank account.
How old do you have to be to check in?
If overnight guest is a minor (under 18), please have them contact the hotel directly for appropriate forms to be filled out and returned prior to arrival.
Do you charge for parking?
Parking is complimentary for arrivals from now until December 31, 2023.
Updated Parking Policy: Effective January 1, 2024
A $24 daily parking fee will be assessed for arrivals starting January 1st, 2024. Groups and Preferred Accounts may be eligible for special parking rates. For more information, please contact one of our Sales Managers via email, Kara Kellogg: [email protected] or Dawn Grandi: [email protected].
Does the hotel have Electric Vehicle Charging Stations?
Yes! The hotel offers on-site EV Charging Stations (fees apply).
Is Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa pet friendly?
Yes. We welcome well-mannered dogs.
- $50 non-refundable daily fee for up to 2 dogs
- One-time $45 non-refundable cleaning fee per room
- Additional charges will be assessed for any pet-related damages to the room, public areas, or grounds of the hotel
- Maximum 2 dog limit per room
- Unaccepted pets include cats, birds, fish, and large dog breeds (Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans, and Mastiffs)
- Pets may not be left unattended in guestrooms
- Pets must be leashed in public spaces
- For more information about pet-friendly accommodations and restrictions, please reach out to the hotel directly at 714-549-0300.
- Ayres Hotels complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state/local laws regarding Service Animals.
- Guests traveling with a Service Animal will not be charged a pet fee. Charges may be incurred, however, should a Service Animal damage or soil the Hotel.
- Per the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Emotional Support Animals (ESA) do not qualify as Service Animals as they have not been trained to perform a specific job or task.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA) will be charged the standard pet fee according the hotels policy. To learn more, please defer to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) website
Do you offer discounts for multi-room bookings or events/weddings?
Do you offer transportation to the airport?
Yes, we offer complimentary shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel, including John Wayne/Orange County Airport. Shuttle services begin at 5:15 am with the last pick-up appointment 10:30 pm.
What amenities does the hotel offer?
We have an extensive fitness center, two heated pools and jacuzzis as well fresh baked cookies every evening at 5:30 pm. A 24-hour business center is also available for guests. In room amenities include, Ayres Elevated signature toiletries, coffeemaker, desk and ergonomic.
What are some nearby attractions?
We are conveniently located just a short drive away from Newport Beach Golf Club and the Orange County Fairgrounds. South Coast Plaza is just two miles out and Segerstrom Center for the Arts is 3 miles away. Local dining options include our very own Le Chateau Garden Bistro located on site. Benihana, Habana, Maggiano's and Morton's The Steakhouse are just 2 miles out.
Is there a restaurant on site?
Yes, Le Chateau Garden Bistro is a contemporary American restaurant and lounge famous for the #1-rated Monte Cristo sandwich in all of Orange County. Restaurant hours are from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm seven days a week. Breakfast is from 6:30 am - 11:30 am. Lunch and Dinner are served from 11:30 am - 10:00 pm. The best Happy Hour in Costa Mesa is at Le Chateau Garden Bistro from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.