Front Desk Manager
The primary duties of the Front Office Manager is to ensure guest satisfaction and overall efficiency of front office operations, to train staff as outlined in the Front Office Training Procedures and ensure staff is prepared to provide excellence to our guests and visitors at all times.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Lead by example.
- Implements and maintains Front Office department minimum standards. Responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of property front office staff. Prepares work schedule for staff and authorizes payroll for the department based on approved labor standards.
- Training, monitors and manages front office staff, resolves any guests issues and performs tasks that require your discretion and authority.
- Train and monitor the front office staff.
- Train staff to use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Able to make reasonable and professional decisions.
- Assist and guide the front office staff through their daily duties and responsibilities.
- Use the appropriate phrases and greetings when interacting with guests.
- Offer assistance to the individual needs and requests of all guests.
- Ensure guest needs are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Schedule staff adequately in order to maintain excellent service to guests at all times.
- Ensure staff evaluations are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Train Front Office staff as outlined in the Front Office Training Procedures.
- Maintain Front Office department within set budget and payroll guidelines.
- Ensure staff is prepared to be courteous, efficient and available to provide excellence to our guests and visitors at all times.
- Work closely with the hotel’s management team and communicate effectively.
- Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Long hours are sometimes required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure