Maintains all aspect of the handling of guest linens, which includes but is not limited to, preparation
of soiled linen for wash, finishes, inspects, folds and stores clean linens.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values, Mission Statement, and Ayres Way.
- Receive, evaluate condition, separate, and launder soiled linen from guest rooms.
- Examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Fold and/or press linen as appropriate.
- Perform reclaiming of stained linen as needed.
- Sweep, mop, and maintain cleanliness of laundry room.
- Store folded laundered items in linen room.
- Conduct linen inventories as assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
- Keep linen rooms in clean, stocked and orderly condition.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Report maintenance issues to Executive Housekeeper by completing a work order.
- Follow company Housekeeping Policy as stated in the Team Member Handbook.\
- Adhere to company “Lost and Found” policy and procedures.
- Perform duties assigned by Executive Housekeeper or Hotel Management Staff, which may include: Room Attendant, House Attendant, and/or Public Areas Attendant duties.
- Maintain necessary supplies to perform job duties.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of writing, reading & speaking English language is helpful
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 35 pouds of measured pull/push weight force and/or 25 Pounds of measured push/pull weight force periodically while lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling a laundry cart and otherwise moving and maintaining objects. Please see the "General Laundry Attendant Requirements" document for further weight and working requirements.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.