You are responsible for the proper maintenance and upkeep of guest rooms, guest public areas, meeting rooms, restaurant and lounge. Together with, the responsibility for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner. Participation in preventative maintenance program. Respond to maintenance requests generated by staff members and guests in a timely manner. Maintenance of company property may include and is not limited to, electrical work, carpentry, painting, plumbing and general maintenance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms, public areas, meeting rooms, restaurant and lounge.
- Perform duties assigned by Chief Engineer or hotel management staff, including completing tasks submitted by work order.
- Follow all company and departmental procedures and policies, which includes those listed in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Report emergency and unusual situations immediately.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and hotel property.
- Responsible for working in a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Report the need for any major repairs to Director of Engineering.
- Determine the exact cause and location of any fire alarms and communicate finding with management and front desk.
- Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and helpfulness at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Trade license in associated field helpful.
- Long hours are sometimes required
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly while lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving and maintaining objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure under pressure