Primarily responsible for maintaining clean and aesthetically appealing guest rooms, while adhering to all
safety standards. Maintaining clean hallways, public areas and storage areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge, understanding, and adherence to Company Core Values, Mission Statement, and Ayres Way.
- Thoroughly vacuum, dust, clean, sweep, polish and restock the required number of guest rooms during a shift.
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean and neat.
- Remove all dirty linen and trash from guest rooms.
- Completion of pre-cleaning responsibilities, including but not limited to, stocking guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen for housekeeping carts.
- As assigned, complete deep cleans of the guest rooms and projects assigned by the Executive Housekeeper or General Manager.
- Report all missing hotel items from guest rooms to Executive Housekeeper.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Follow company Housekeeping Policy as stated in the Team Member Handbook.
- Adhere to company “Lost and Found” policy and procedures.
- Report maintenance issues to Executive Housekeeper by completing a work order.
- Secure each guest’s room upon completion.
- Responsible for working a safe and conscientious manner. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform duties assigned by Executive Housekeeper or Hotel Management Staff; which may include: House Attendant, Laundry Attendant, and/or Public Areas Attendant.
- Conduct self in a friendly and attentive manner during all guest encounters.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of writing, reading & speaking English language is helpful.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 35 pouds of measured pull/push weight force periodically while lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects and/or 66 pounds of measure pull/push weight force occasionally for the (movement of furniture only). Please see the "Guestroom Room Attendant Cleaning/Bathroom Cleaning Requirement," "Guestroom bed Making and Vacuuming Push/Pull Force Weight Requirements," and "Guestroom Sofa Bed Making and Cart Usage Push/Pull Force Weight Requirements" document for further weight/working requirements.
- Ability to stand for entire shift
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly.